Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Whole 30-Day 3

It's Day 3, I'm feeling pretty good about how smooth things have gone the past couple days-but I'm sure when the weekend rolls around I'll be singing a different tune.  My cravings for cookies and cake have subsided (for now) and other than not being the biggest fan of my breakfasts this week I think I'm doing pretty well.  Prior to starting the Whole30 I had been eating minimal dairy and gluten anyways so that wasn't a huge change for me.  I'd say the oatmeal and the beans has been a bigger adjustment but the biggest adjustment has been the amount of meat I'm eating.  Prior to the Whole30 it was rare that I ate meat everyday let alone every meal.  Now that I'm sourcing all of my eggs and meat from grassfed/pastured animals I feel better about it but it's still just a little weird for  me. 

Breakfast (6:40am):  1 egg scrambled with diced yellow bell pepper in coconut oil with a little tomato paste on top.  1.5 breakfast sausage patties with tomato paste on top, 1/2 avocado, 1/4 medium sweet potato, and salad with grape tomatoes dressed with a little avocado oil and balsamic vinegar.
Breakfast Comments:  I only ate 1/2 of the sweet potato pictured here and 1.5 sausage patties.  I was getting full and I didn't want to overdo it, I made sure to finish my salad, eggs, and avocado and figured leaving the rest was ok since the sweet potato was on the larger side.  About the tomato paste-I'm a HUGE ketchup junkie.  The tomato paste isn't an exact substitute and I'm sure I could probably find a W30 compliant ketchup recipe so the consistency would be a little more ketchup-like, but this is what I have on hand so this is what I'm using!

Lunch (12pm):  Romaine lettuce leaves with homemade mayo, spicy brown mustard, grape tomatoes, and 4 oz. Applegate Farms Oven Roasted Turkey breast (from the deli counter).  Kiwi, 1/4 avocado, carrots and celery.

Lunch Comments:  Same old!  I'm usually someone who needs to change it up to be satisfied so when I'm enjoying eating the same thing for a few days in a row I just go with it!

Dinner:  Same as Monday.  Shredded Red Leaf Lettuce, 1/2 avocado, left over sweet potato from this morning, diced yellow bell pepper, grape tomatoes, splash of balsamic vinegar, crockpot shredded chicken breast.

Dinner Comments:  As I said on Monday, I really love this chicken AND I love that it was so easy to make.  Expect to be seeing a lot of this!

Sleep:  6 hr 40 min-I stayed up a little late finishing a book so I was dragging a bit on the commute today
Exercise:  None.  Still recovering from the soreness of Monday's Body R&D.

No comments:

Post a Comment