Friday, February 8, 2013

Whole30-Day 12

If you read yesterday's post, you know that last night I was struggling a bit with wanting to eat some non-W30 food.  Well, at the end of the night Mike told me that he thought I looked really good and he noticed a change.  Now, I've also been doing CrossFit (only 3 workouts), and I was eating pretty clean prior to starting my W30, but this was so nice to hear-and I really needed it.  I know it isn't a big change because the fit of my clothes hasn't changed much, but if it's enough for him to notice and say something then that's enough for me.  I know I have to just keep going and the changes will be greater and greater.

Mike and I usually eat out a few meals each week, usually at least a couple on the weekends, so the last week and a half with not eating out has been a little tough (as evidenced by my struggles last night).  So I decided to give eating out a try and go with what I thought would be easiest to eat W30 compliant food-sushi.

I picked a place nearby that had a few appetizer menu options that didn't have rice and had veggies and fish.  One of the options was a roll wrapped in cucumber rather than rice so I was hoping that they might be able to do this for other rolls as well.  They couldn't, or wouldn't.  I found a couple options that seemed compliant but I asked a key question before ordering-do these have a sauce on them?  It didn't list any sauce on the menu.  Of course, there was sauce.  One was some kind of sake-based sauce and the other was a "citrus vinaigrette".  I didn't know what all this vinaigrette entailed and I felt like I had been pestering the waiter with enough questions so I just said not sauce.  The dishes were very good and I felt good eating them, but that didn't stop me from craving Mike's flaming shrimp tempura and spicy tuna with spicy mayo and soy sauce across the way.  I think when we go out next I'll call the restaurant ahead of time to inquire about the menu options I'm interested in.  All in all it was a good first outing!


Breakfast (8:00am):  Breakfast casserole, spaghetti squash, salsa, leftover shrimp from my Well Fed Pad Thai
Breakfast Comments:  Obviously it's the end of the week and clean out the refrigerator time!  I only had a small piece of breakfast casserole left so I supplemented with the leftover shrimp for more protein and a little fat.  Breakfast casserole recipe post coming this weekend!

Lunch (1:15pm):  Red leaf lettuce, diced bell pepper, crockpot chicken, Well Fed Creamy Italian (new batch made today with balsamic vinegar rather than red wine vinegar-like it much better!).  Small organic fiji apple, unsweetened sunflower seed butter.
Lunch Comments:  Since I was have some sweet cravings before lunch today I decided to throw in some fruit.  Add in the sunflower seed butter for my fat and it was a really good meal!  Unlike sweetened peanut butters that I can eat straight from the jar, this sunflower seed butter doesn't really do it for me on its on.  But paired with an apple it is an awesome combo!

Dinner:  The first picture is what Mike had-it was on fire!  I had the bottom 2 pictures-tuna with jalapeño, cilantro, and radish, and the bottom is crab, avocado, and radish wrapped in cucumber and topped with scallions and tobiko (I think-I ate a couple pieces before snapping the picture ;) ).


Dinner Comments:  I'm not sure this met the meal template for protein and I definitely know it didn't meet it for fat.  But, it was my first time eating out W30 style so I did what I could.  I was actually comfortably full after this meal which was a shocker to me.  I did kind of want some apples and sunflower seed butter when we got home, but I figured it was best to stay away from that since I already had some for lunch.

Sleep:  8 hours
Exercise:  None...my abs are crazy sore from the AMRAP workout we did Wednesday!  Need to work on those sit-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment