Saturday, February 2, 2013

Whole30-Day 6

It's Day 6 and I'm feeling pretty awesome.  I had a tough workout, I made some beef stew, I caught up on my DVR, and I've just been enjoying this cold, snowy day in Chicago.  I love that the quality food I'm preparing and eating is making me feel so great.  I think just knowing that what I'm putting in my body is good for me is having the biggest impact.  I'm not overeating and I'm not eating when I'm not hungry-it just feels good to have my eating emotions in check.    

Breakfast (9:15am):  2 fried eggs with a splash of Frank's Hot Sauce, grape tomatoes, carrots, celery, 1/2 smashed avocado.

Breakfast Comments: I slept in today so breakfast was a little later than usual.  I ate a little over an hour after waking up and I was actually a little hungry when I ate (yay!).

Lunch (3:30pm):  Bowl of Well Fed Chocolate Chili, broccoli with Well Fed Creamy Italian Dressing, kiwi.
Lunch Comments:  Today I had a bit of a late lunch because I had CrossFit at 1p that lasted until about 2:30p and by the time I got home and got myself together it was around 3:30p when I got around to eating.  I was hoping the fat from the beef and the mayo in the italian dressing was enough, but I'm thinking I could've used a little bit more.

Dinner (7:30pm):  Big bowl of beef stew and a palmfull of macadamia nuts (not pictured).

Dinner Comments:  As I said yesterday I got a big delivery of root vegetables from Irv & Shelley's yesterday so today I stuck them all in the crockpot with a few other things and made some stew.  I didn't follow one particular recipe, I looked at a few for some pointers and then just threw what I had in the crockpot to see what happened.  It turned out pretty good, but there is still room for improvement.  Once I get it down I'll post my recipe!

Sleep:  9 hours!  Love me some weekend sleeping in time!
Exercise:  1.5 hours at CrossFit.  This was the very first day of our on-ramp so we weren't working out for the entire 1.5 hours.  But holy crap, we did our very first WOD at the end and I was seriously dying.  I've been working out at Kru on a pretty regular basis which has helped me with my lifting technique but I've been severely lacking in the cardio department-and I felt it big time today.  Our first WOD was a 250m row followed by 15-12-9 reps of squats, push-ups, and kettlebell swings, finished off with 10 burpees.  I finished in 7:30.  I was dying, seriously dying.  As hard as it was I felt really accomplished after finishing and I know that it's only up from here.  I'm already loving the team atmosphere at CrossFit, I never would have finished that in the time that I did without the motivation from everyone else there.    

No comments:

Post a Comment