Monday, February 18, 2013

Whole30-Day 22

I'm coming off a super productive weekend and feeling really good about it.  I found some new recipes that I'm loving and ordered a few Paleo products/cooking utensils I've had my eye on:  W30-compliant bacon from US Wellness Meats, Mee Nut Butter (a nut butter created by a CrossFitter in CA), and THIS super awesome vegetable spiralizer that I've wanted FOREVER and just never bought.  Yes, I'm a huge nerd.    


Breakfast (6:30am):  1 PaleOMG Sweet Potato and Apple Breakfast Patty, 1 egg fried in ghee, beets roasted in coconut oil.
Breakfast Comments:  I'm so sad I only have 1 breakfast patty left!  Definitely making more of these ASAP!  Also...love me some roasted beets!

Lunch (11:30am):  The last of my Practical Paleo Spaghetti Squash Bolognese; salad with grape tomatoes, 1 hard boiled egg, and Well Fed Creamy Italian; orange.
Lunch Comments:  I was so sad this was the last of the bolognese!  I added in the egg for a little more protein since this wasn't a full portion of the bolognese. 

Dinner:  Wild salmon filet that I accidentally overcooked in the broiler, asparagus, small piece of sweet potato, Well Fed Caramelized Coconut chips.
Dinner Comments:  I guess I don't really have any comments about dinner...nothing very special about plain old salmon and asparagus.

Sleep:  6.5hrs....just couldn't fall asleep right away last night, too much running through my mind.

Exercise:  2nd to last day of our on-ramp and today I felt like I was suckier than on day 1.  We did a 10 minute AMRAP of 10 hang power cleans and 10 barbell burpees.  I did 3+4.  I know it's because of my mobility issues and I've been icing and rolling and stretching like crazy but I just can't get over over the hump of tightness in my hips and lower back and I'm frustrated.  I have a very strong feeling that a lot of it stems from my psoas and sitting all day at work so I've consulted the great google doctor and found some things to work on, starting tonight....no more sleeping on the stomach for me.  Maybe I should just go back to working in the pharmacy and standing all day...

No comments:

Post a Comment