Saturday, February 16, 2013

Whole30-Day 20

Breakfast (9am):  3 eggs scrambled with Practical Paleo pesto, topped with grape tomatoes.  Steamed broccoli, raw carrots.
Breakfast Comments:  With the breakfast casserole gone it was time to change up my breakfasts.  This pesto is made with olive oil and macadamia nuts and I scrambled the eggs in a little ghee so my fat is covered.  Super tasty, the tomatoes were the perfect addition!

Lunch (2:30pm):  Yesterday's coconut chicken and pineapple salsa leftovers.  Red leaf lettuce, grape tomatoes, Well Fed Creamy Italian made with pomegranate balsamic vinegar.   Small handful of Well Fed Caramelized Coconut Chips (not pictured).
Lunch Comments:  I had just got home from CF and started digging in before I snapped a pic!  The coconut is obviously much better crispy straight out of the oven but once you throw on some pineapple salsa it doesn't really matter!

Dinner:  Practical Paleo Spaghetti Squash Bolognese
Dinner Comments: O-M-G...this is the best "spaghetti" sauce I've ever made, paleo or non-paleo!  I was a little nervous when I was making it...the recipe calls for, among other things, carrots, celery, and coconut milk with tomato paste as the only tomato source...so I wasn't so sure.  The recipe also calls for bacon, which I didn't use because I didn't have any W30 compliant bacon.  It didn't matter, I wanted to just eat this sauce straight out of the bowl!  I can't wait to make this for Mike, I'm pretty sure he's going to love it too!

Sleep:  9 hours
Exercise:  We did an endurance workout today.  Teams of 3 and 1 person did a 250m row while another person did as many burpees as possible until person 1 is finished rowing.  The 3rd person is counting burpees and getting a rest.  15 minutes.  It was tough, but I liked it.  Back to stretching and using the foam roller tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment