Monday, February 4, 2013

Whole30-Day 8

So this is the second night in a row that I've had dreams about  going completely off the cliff and have huge meals of non-W30 friendly foods.  In my dream I don't realize what I've done until I'm finished eating.  Super weird!  Yesterday I had some cravings for sweets when we went to Costco and everyone was buying Super Bowl treats but I really haven't been missing much, so not sure what the dreams have been about but it's so weird it's happened 2 nights in a row now! 

Breakfast (6:30a): Breakfast casserole, a little less than 1/4 avocado, smashed.
Breakfast Comments:  Finally I've found a breakfast to get excited about-this is so good!  I'm still not starving this early but having a meal I look forward to definitely helps.  With this and the stew it's hard to estimate to get the exact meal template but I think I did ok.  The casserole is filled with kale, shredded sweet potato, and diced bell peppers along with the eggs, coconut milk, and pork sausage-I added avocado for a little more fat because I wasn't sure if the amount of coconut milk and fat from the meat would be enough.  I could probably throw in some more veggies but after I was done with this portion I was feeling pretty content.  I estimated that this was about 1.8 eggs and a little over 2 oz. of pork sausage.  It kept me satisfied until lunch time so I'm guessing that means I did ok. 

Lunch (11:45pm):  Romaine lettuce leaves with homemade mayo, spicy brown mustard, 1/4 avocado, and 4 oz. Applegate Farms Oven Roasted Turkey breast (from the deli counter).  Cucumber slices and clementine orange.
Lunch Comments:  Not the prettiest, I know!  Same as last week.  I was going to try and switch it up this week but at least for the today I went with my old standby.  Usually by this time of the day I'm starving but
today I wasn't even close!  I guess that casserole did a pretty good job!

Dinner (6pm):  Red leaf lettuce, ~1/4 avocado, crockpot shredded chicken, diced bell peppers, Well Fed Creamy Italian, shredded sweet potatoes sautéed in coconut oil.

Dinner Comments:  Since we're working out at 8p tonight I opted for salad instead of beef stew.  You've seen it all before...except the sweet potatoes.  I had a ton leftover that I didn't use in my casserole so I fried them up in some coconut oil and they are DELICIOUS!  I'm trying to only eat a little sweet potato here and there, so I threw some in my kitchen sink salad, why not?!

Sleep:  7 hours-not the best quality of sleep.  Similar to last night, I woke up a couple times and had to get back to sleep.  I'm wondering if it's because I actually slept TOO much on Friday and Saturday nights.  Is that possible?  We'll see how the rest of the week goes.
Exercise:  1 hour CrossFit.  Still in the on-ramp so didn't really workout the entire 1 hour.  The warm-up and the WOD got me pretty tired-but not quite as tired as Saturday.  (getting tired from the warm-up is a little embarassing to admit!)  For the WOD we did 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of kettlebell sumo dead lifts and v-ups, I finished in 6:20 doing modified v-ups.  I found an iPhone app called myWOD that I'm using to keep track of my times.  We write our times on a whiteboard at the box but this way I have it with me so I can keep track myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment