Friday, February 1, 2013

Whole30-Day5

Woohoo Day 5...but you know what that means-tonight marks the first night of the *weekend*.  I've already planned to make dinner for Mike (my fiancé) and I so there is no temptation to go out.  He isn't doing the Whole30, let alone Paleo, so I try and find a good balance for him when it comes to making meals!  Burgers, sweet potato fries, and veggies it is!

Today I did a little cooking, well maybe more blending and mixing than cooking.  I made some condiments for the weekend and next week.  I am obsessed with condiments and I'm pretty excited with the new recipes I tried.  I made a fresh batch of Well Fed mayo, 2 recipes of Well Fed Creamy Italian Dressing made with red wine vinegar, Well Fed Sunshine Sauce (for Well Fed Pad Thai next week), and W30 compliant ketchup.  Lots of Well Fed stuff in there-what can I say, it's a great cookbook!

Obviously I love the mayo, but the Italian dressing may now be my fav-although next time I might try a little less vinegar or a little more mayo because it's a tad too tangy for my taste.  I made the Sunshine Sauce in the small bowl of my food processor but next time I might try it in my Magic Bullet or blender because it got a little messy and it only makes a small amount so no need to bring out the big guns.

I also stopped off at the butcher today and picked up a few fun things.  The Butcher & Larder in Chicago is fantastic-they have every cut of meat you can imagine since they get whole animals and they cut it fresh right in front of you (not the cheapest though).  They also have some amazing beef stock that I can't wait to use in my beef stew tomorrow!  I picked up the stock, chuck roast for the stew, and some marrow bones that I might roast up and then make my own stock this weekend!  I got my bi-weekly delivery from Irv & Shelly's Fresh Picks yesterday and in it was a bag of root vegetables-perfect for a rich beef stew that will warm us up over this frigid Chicago weekend!

Breakfast (8:15am):  Bowl of Well Fed Chocolate Chili, carrots and celery, coconut flakes.
Breakfast Comments:  I wasn't sure if the fat from the beef in the chili was enough so I had a small handful of coconut flakes as well.  Almost to the end of my chili container!

Lunch (2pm):  2 breakfast sausage patties, 1/4 medium sweet potato, tomato paste, coconut oil, caramelized onions, mushrooms sautéed in balsamic, Penzey's Tsardust Memories.  Lettuce, carrots, and celery with Well Fed Italian Dressing.
Lunch Comments:  Same as dinner last night, cleaning out the last of my prepped food for the week.  I wasn't really that hungry but I figured I should get a meal in since it was going on 6hrs since my last meal.

Dinner (7:30pm):  Burger made with salt, pepper, Penzey's Tsardust Memories, and diced green pepper topped with ~1/4 mashed avocado, caramelized onions, and homemade ketchup.  Sweet potato fries baked with avocado oil and Tsardust Memories.  Broccoli with Well Fed Creamy Italian Dressing.


Dinner Comments:  This was a super satisfying Friday night meal-even my non-Paleo-eating fiancé enjoyed it (he may have add some bacon and cheese added to his burger).  It's no Kuma's Corner, but I felt really good about eating it and that's worth it to me!

Sleep:  8.5 hours!  Yay!  Love waking up before my alarm :)  I work from home on Fridays so I get those minutes I spend on my commute back in the form of sleep!
Exercise: None.  Tomorrow Mike and I start our on-ramp at CrossFit Defined so I'm resting up!  I got adjusted at my chiropractor (Wicker Park Chiropractic) today and I'm feeling pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment