Friday, February 15, 2013

Whole30-Day 19

Breakfast (8:15am):  Breakfast casserole, 1/4 avocado, salsa
Breakfast Comments:  Last day of the breakfast casserole!  (Although I have a small piece leftover that I'll eat tomorrow to officially finish it off) This has been super tasty and satisfying and SO easy.  I'll be switching it up next week so I don't get bored, but this will definitely be making a regular appearance on my breakfast menu!

Lunch (12pm):  Well Fed Moroccan Meatballs, steamed broccoli, macadamia nuts, mandarin orange.
Lunch Comments:  This recipe called for 2lbs of ground lamb, so you get quite a few meatballs-I think I have about 1 serving left.  I got a bunch of fruit in my Irv & Shelly's delivery this week so I'll be trying my best to spread it out over the week.

Snack (1:30pm): Handful Well Fed Caramelized Coconut Chips
Snack Comments:  I think I've found my Paleo crack!  These are awesome!  These crispy chips with the mixture of sweet and salty is perfect.  I've been trying to find new ideas for fats because avocados are getting a little old so I made a batch of these chips today.  As soon as I tasted the results I made another batch!  Seriously loving!

Dinner (7pm):   Chicken breast coated in coconut and baked, topped with pineapple, cilantro salsa.  Broccoli topped with Well Fed Creamy Italian.
Dinner Comments:  This meal kind of happened on accident but it ended up being pretty great.  I had some frozen pineapple in the freezer that started it all.  I made a quick salsa with cilantro, lime juice, red onion, and jalapeños.  I coated the chicken breast with egg then dragged it through a bowl of coconut shreds to coat it.  I fried it quickly on each side in coconut oil then baked it in the oven until it was cooked through.  I made a fresh batch of dressing today and used a pomegranate balsamic vinegar-I think it's my favorite yet.

Sleep:  9 hours-love my work-at-home Fridays!
Exercise:  None.  I went to the chiropractor today for a regular adjustment, no injury or anything.  I also got a massage and we spent the entire hour working on my hip flexors-not even really massaging, just working on trigger points.  It helped, but my hip flexors are SO TIGHT!  Going from a WOD at 8:30pm Wednesday that included snatches, KB swings, and lunges to sitting at my desk all day at work on Thursday really tightened things up.  I plan on getting the foam roller, medicine ball, and lacrosse ball out tonight to really work on it some more-crazy Friday night, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment